Registered Nurse (RN)
- Graduate from an approved RN nursing school.
- Valid Connecticut RN license.
- One year recent general/Med-Surg/Geriatric clinical experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR STAFF RELIEF OR INSTITUTIONAL PRIVATE DUTY:
- Report to the appropriate RN Supervisor at beginning and end of shift.
- Perform all nursing activities mandated by the institution's policies and procedures delegated by the assigned Supervisor.
- Report patient status to assigned Supervisor.
- Document clinical notes according to institution's policies.
DESCRIPTION IN THE HOME:
SCOPE OF PRACTICE: RN DUTIES FOR SKILLED CARE include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure the client's safety.
- Provide reality orientation if appropriate.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the client and the family and/or significant other.
- Use mutual decision making with the client and the family.
- Collect data for assessment: biological, psychological, cultural, social and spiritual.
- Assess data to identify the client's health status.
- Establish a nursing diagnosis.
- Set mutual goals with the client and/or family.
- Implement the plan of care.
- Evaluate the client's progress toward goal attainment.
- Deliver individual nursing care.
- Provide for physical and emotional comfort.
- Provide teaching for the client and family.
- Assist client with activities of daily living.
- Provide for proper body positioning.
- Assist client with active and passive exercises.
- Administer medications per physician order.
- Observe, evaluate, and report significant changes in the client's condition to family, doctor and office.
- Document all relevant findings.
- Plan, prepare, and serve therapeutic diets to the client.
- Maintain clean environment for client; clean-up food and cooking areas.
- Maintain and safeguard equipment and supplies of client.